Our need for innovative mobility solutions increases, as the populations of our cities grow bigger and our rural areas are challenged by long distances and difficult connections to work, school and local communities. For this event, we have invited leading Danish and international experts from the World Economic Forum, MIT, Danfoss, the Danish Design Centre etc. within the field of research, business and policy.
The conference is part of an innovation project about future mobility in the municipality of Faaborg-Midtfyn. The project aims to identify and launch selected ideas to improve the mobility within the municipality through dialogue with local communities and collaborators.
The day will feature inspirational visions and projects, focusing on the creation of innovative mobility solutions by using new technologies, data and the involvement of local citizens and businesses. The conference will include masterclass sessions, in which participants will get the opportunity to work in depth with themes such as MaaS, shared economy and self-driving technology. The masterclasses will be led by leading global experts on the given topic. The second half will provide a platform for a high-level panel discussion moderated by Christian Bason, CEO at the Danish Design Centre.
The target audience for the event will consist of high profile international and Danish professionals.
Program and the speakers
13:30 - 14:00: Registration
14:00 - 14:30: Welcome and introduction
14:00 – 16:00: Masterclass sessions with presentations
- André Borouchaki, Senior VP, Chief Technology Officer, Danfoss
- Andreas Aksglæde Stahl, Business Group Lead, Microsoft 365 Division
- Christina Hvid, CEO, Rejseplanen
- Professor Rob Adams, Architect, urban designer, author and Director of City Design at the City of Melbourne
- Steen Nørby Nielsen, Country Division Lead, Mobility, Siemens
- Henrik Schärfe - MA & PhD, founder and CEO of Foundation Autonomous
- Torsten Andersen, Vice president, Danish Business Authority
16:00 – 16:25: Break
16:25 – 18:00: Panel presentations and discussion
- Alice Charles, Leads the World Economic Forum’s cities and urban development work, including the Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization
- Carlo Ratti, Director of MIT Senseable City Lab and one of the leading experts on how technology shapes our cities and Member of the World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization
- Ida Auken, Danish politician and member of parliament for the Danish Social Liberal Party. Initiator of the SIRI Commission and Member of the World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization
- Jens Martin Skibsted, Chairman of the Danish Design Council, Founder of Skibsted Ideation A/S and Member of the World Economic Forum Global Future
18:00 – 19:00: Drinks & Network
The conference is organised by the Municipality of Faaborg-Midtfyn, the World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization and the Danish Design Centre.