Did you know:
– that the Nordics is the biggest unicorn factory in the world?
– that while the Nordics represent only 3% of Europe’s population, it accounts for more than 50% of the billion dollar exits in the region between 2005 and 2015?
– and that Nordic countries are continuously being hailed as the 10 best and easiest countries in the world to do business in by Forbes and The World Bank?
– that global companies like Spotify, Supercell, Unity Technologies, Klarna, Zendesk, King, Mojang and Skype are all rooted in the Nordics?
In the Nordic countries, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland, we share a unique combination of enthusiasm for innovation, technical skills and a design approach to building our companies and our societies.
Lars* would like to buy you a beer and talk about Nordic startups
(* Lars Gert Lose is the Danish Ambassador to the United States)
Come join us for a beer or two in House of Scandinavia during SXSW Interactive and discover why the Nordics should be on your radar whether you are an investor or a company looking for partners or a place to start your next European office.
Not only will you get to meet Nordics startups and investors, you will also get access to key Nordic organizations who will help you find the right opportunity for your next venture.
Please attend the Facebook event for updates on schedule, speakers and more.
For more information:
Christoffer H. Malling, Programme Director, Danish Design Centre
Phone: +4531318221, email: email@example.com
Facts about the Nordic startup region:
- The Nordics have a higher share of billion-dollar exits in comparison to GDP than any other region in the world.
- Average total annual exit value for the Nordic region is 4.1 billion dollars.
- Since 2005, the Nordics represent 7% of global billion-dollar tech exits, though the Nordic countries only have about 2% of global GDP.
- The total population of the Nordic countries is only 3% of Europe's population, but from 2005-2015 the countries received 16% of tech venture capital, spawned 50% of billion-dollar exits and 24% of Deloitte's Europe Fast-500 companies.