The Danish Design Centre's top leadership is a board comprised of up to eight members with specific personal qualifications from business, industry and design (including industrial design, communication design and service design) that contribute actively to the DDC’s mission. Day-to-day leadership is handled by the chief executive.
See also: Employees in the Danish Design Centre
All the board members have to be engaged in active employment and bring in personal qualifications that contribute actively to the DDC’s mission. The chairman is appointed by the minister for business and growth.
The board members are:
- Michael Rasmussen (chairman), Senior VP Brand, Velux
- Mette Fjord Sørensen, Confederation of Danish Industry (DI)
- Thomas Graversen, CCO & Owner, Fredericia Furniture
- Lotte Lyngsted Jepsen, Chairwoman, Design Denmark
- Lars Thøgersen, CEO, CHP ID
- Mads Quistgaard, CEO, Urgent.Agency
The international advisory board will contribute with vision, input and inspiration for the Danish Design Centre's and Designrådets work and help to identify new opportunities for danish design to create value - for companies and organisations, and worldwide.
The members of the international advisory board are:
- Banny Banerjee, associate professor, Director of Design & CEO, ChangeLabs, Stanford University
- Bettina Maisch, Portfolio Manager for Industrial Design Thinking, Siemens
- Emma Benameur, Head of Programme Design & Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Frederic Beuvry, Senior Vice President Industrial Design, UI Software & Ergonomics, Schneider Electric
- Kunlé Adeyemi, architect, designer and founder of NLÉ
- Lucy Kimbell, director, Innovation Insights Hub at University of the Arts London, Associate Fellow, University of Oxford
- Manuel Toscano, co-founder and principal, Zago
- Mariana Mazzucato, professor, Sussex University
- Petra Hoelscher, Senior Curator, Neues Samlung
- Roberto Verganti, professor, Politecnico di Milano